High School &
Start your classes today and get the results tomorrow.
- –Algebra 1,2
- –Integrated Math 1, 2 and 3
- –Bronze ADCN Lamp (Digital Craft)
- –FWA Site of the Day
High School Math
We are proud to offer top-quality math classes conducted by experienced professionals. Our students will not only learn math formulae, but also will take on word problem solving. All high school and college math classes correspond to the educational standards of California and are conducted one-on-one or in small group settings. With this approach, the instructors are able to assess each student’s level and tailor the classes to fit everyone’s needs. Some of our classes focus primarily on homework help, others – on test preparation or on challenging advanced students to think in creative ways.
Algebra 1, 2
Our classes give students a solid understanding of the main algebraic concepts and prepare them for high school math. This course includes standards from the categories of Number and Quantity, Algebra, Functions, Statistics and Probability, Properties of Rational and Irrational Numbers. . Whether a student is struggling at the bottom of the class or trying to bump that A− up to an A+, LMLC takes a customized approach to making sure the class is the right fit for the student.
- Linear equations with one and multiple variables
- Systems of linear equations & inequalities
- Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
- Integer exponents
- Exponential relationships
- Simple exponential equations
- Laws of exponents
- Quadratic functions; analysis and solution
- Complex Numbers
- Absolute value, step and precise-defined functions
- Domain and range
- Graphical, numerical, symbolic, and verbal interpretation of functions
- Linear models
- Application of algebraic expressions to solve math and real-life problems
- Statistics and Probability
These classes cover the school program, formalize and extend students’ geometric experiences from the previous grades, spatial sense and abstract thinking and teach them construct viable arguments and apply logic and proofs to solve various problems. This course includes standards from the conceptual categories of Geometry, Statistics, and Probability.
- Basic geometric definitions and postulates
- Transformations in the plane
- Congruence in terms of rigid motions
- Geometric constructions
- Geometric theorems
- Similarity. Criteria for similarity of triangles
- Types of triangles
- Trigonometric ratios and problems involving right triangles
- Circles. Circumference, area, and volume formulas;
- Arc length and area of circle sectors.
- Pythagorean Theorem and its application to the coordinate plan
- Expression of geometric properties with algebraic equations
- Geometric measurement and dimension. Two and three-dimensional objects
- Modeling with Geometry
- Statistics and Probability. Conditional Probability and the Rules of Probability
This course will help students to succeed at school, by gaining deep understanding of the relationships between side lengths and angles of triangles and learning six basic trigonometric ratios: sine, cosine, tangent, co secant, secant and cotangent.
- Definitions of Basic Trigonometric Functions
- Pythagorean Identities
- Quotient Identities
- Numerical Values of Sine, Cosine, and Tangent for the Key Angles in Degrees and Radians
- Amplitude, Period, and Phase Shift
- Arc Length Formula
- Double-angle Formulas
- Half-angle Formulas
- Sum and Difference Formulas
- Graph of Six Basic Trigonometric Functions
- Law of Sines
- Law of Cosines
- Polar Graphs
- Linear and Angular Velocity
- Area of triangles
- DeMoire’s Theorem
- Finding the nth Root of a Complex Number
- Conic Sections
- Inverse Trigonometric Functions
- Small Angle Approximations
These classes will systematize the knowledge and skills gained at algebra and trigonometry courses and get the students ready for the study of calculus.
- Rational and Irrational Numbers
- Completing the Square to Solve Polynomials
- Synthetic Division
- Points of Inflection and Concavity
- Reflections of a Graph about the X-axis, Y-axis, and the Origin
- Symmetry of a Graph
- Odd and Even Functions
- Translations of a Graph
- Reciprocal Functions
- Horizontal and Vertical Asymptotes, and Slant
- Sigma Notation for Sums
- Factorials & Factorial Representations
- Permutations and Combinations
- Fundamental Principle of Counting
- Binary and Hexadecimal Numbers
- The Binomial Theorem
- Pascal’s Triangle
- Multiplication of Sums
- Mathematical Induction
- Piece-wise Functions
- Slope of Lines and Polynomials, Functions, etc.
- Functions: Domain, Range, and Composition
- Roots and Rational Exponents
- Equations with Logarithms and Exponential
- Exponential Growth and Decay
- Sequences and Series
- Introduction to Calculus (Limits, Derivations, Riemann Sums)
What Makes LMLC Right for you?
What can we provide for you?
• New skills
• Challenging programs for advanced students
• Homework assistance
• Grade improvement
• Test preparation
AWARDS AND TESTIMONIALS
Best Test prep center in 2020
Best Test prep center in 2016
Best Test prep center in 2018
Best Math Tutors
in San Jose 2016
Best Math Tutors
in San Jose 2018
OUR CUSTOMERS’ STORIES
My daughter attended Creative writing and Math Logic, and Ms.Kate and Mr.Andre are wonderful teachers. They keep it interesting all through the hour and also keep it creative. My 7 year will be going to 2nd grade this august and she learnt a lot with fun at the same time with focus.A class like environment although online where the kids are competing at the same time learning together. Would definitely going back for more classes. Highly recommend since the regular school will also be distance learning and this would help kid thorough the basics.
My girls 10 and 12 years old took an 8 session creative writing with Ms. Kate. The girls liked the teacher and the interactivity of the class even with it being online.
We were happy to find a center where children can learn so much in a friendly atmosphere. Teachers of Spanish and Russian are professionals and native speakers, what is important. They have many other classes. The owner Olga has many years of education kids , has passion and kindness, flexibility. We love LMLC and will recommend this Center to a friend!
Both of my kids are attending the LMLC school since September 2017. The owner Olga is extremely pleasant to deal with – she is very accommodating and flexible.
The additional kudos goes to my daughter’s geometry teacher Fedor. It’s hard to make a teenager girl enthusiastic about math but he keeps her engaged, which helps enormously to maintain a solid A in 9th grade Geometry Honors class of her regular school. Thank you, Olga and Fedor for your help!
I am very satisfied and recommend LMLC to anyone who wants to give their kids a high quality extra curriculum.