Dear Students and Parents,
To ensure that students receive the most benefits from the lessons, we kindly ask you to follow our policies.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Online Classroom Rules
Online classrooms can be challenging at times, and we all need to work together to make sure that classes run smoothly. We ask that students and parents/guardians follow the instructions below.
When preparing for an online class
- Try to find a suitable working space that is quiet and does not have many distractions.
- Make sure there is access to sufficient technology, paper and writing supplies.
- The student should be properly dressed. Casual attire is perfectly fine.
- Food and drinks other than water are not permitted during class as they tend to be distracting. If the student has any special conditions relating to food or diet please let us know in advance so that accommodations can be made.
- In case of any technical difficulties, please contact LMLC immediately at (408)596-1270.
During an online class
- Log into the Zoom meeting a few minutes early so that each class can start on time.
- Sign in using the student’s first name.
- Leave the camera and microphone turned on during the entire class, unless instructed otherwise.
- Be respectful of everyone else in the Zoom meeting, listen to the tutor’s instructions, and behave appropriately during the lesson. Disruptive or disrespectful behavior may result in the student being muted.
Complete all homework that is due before the start of each class. Lessons are taught online, but material is mastered outside of class!
Make-up Classes and Refunds
- If a class is canceled by LMLC, students will be granted a make-up class or a full refund.
- If a private (one-on-one) class is to be canceled by a student for whatever reason, please call at least 24 hours ahead to let us know and schedule a make-up class.
- No refunds will be given for any classes missed or canceled by a student, but make-up classes will be offered in case LMLC receives a 24-hour notice from the student.
- Make-ups for private classes should be scheduled with the tutor in accordance with the tutor and student’s availability.
- If a group lesson is missed with a prior 24-hour notice, the student may attend any other group lesson on any subject of the same class, depending on the student and tutor’s availability.
- No make-ups will be given for tardiness or canceled classes without a 24-hour notice from the student.
A non-refundable annual registration fee of $50 per person or $70 per family is due every year for each student enrolling in our program. The fee is paid upon enrollment and every September thereafter.
Tuition should be paid monthly in advance, no later than the first lesson of the month. Tuition can also be paid on a semester basis, or up to 6 months in advance.
- Returned Check Fee:
- A $25 fee will be charged for each returned check. Please make sure all information written on the check is correct.
- Late Payment Fees:
- $20 for tuition paid after the first lesson of the month
- $1 per late day after the 10th day of the month
Students must give LMLC a two week notice prior to the termination of classes.